Chatatonic Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatatonic Forums

A collective gathering of various internet veterans. Probably centered around cats. Who knows

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guilty Pleasure Media

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Guilty Pleasure Media Empty Guilty Pleasure Media Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:07 pm

BeachSideCheese

BeachSideCheese

Well I figured it's be a good idea to try and actually do something kinda productive on this forum instead of silly or snide comments for once(Not to say that will stop in the forseeable future).

Anyways the idea of this topic is to talk about things in media, be it music/movies/books/anime/games/whatever that is a guilty pleasure to you. Maybe give a brief description as to what it is about and why it's a guilty pleasure to you.

Well I guess I'll lead by example. so Being the weeb that I ammy contribution is the action/harem/fantasy anime High school DxD. Now being the lazy fuck that I am I've decided to post the plot summary from Wikipedia here's the summary I completely did myself and didn't take from the internet:

"Kuoh Academy is a former all-girls school that has recently turned co-ed, but it has a secret. Unknown to normal humans, angels, fallen angels and devils comprise part of the student population. One of these students, Issei Hyodo, is a lecherous second-year human student who lives a peaceful life. After an ordinary school day, Issei is suddenly asked out on a date by a girl named Yuma Amano. After their date, Yuma brings Issei to a local park and makes a startling request. She reveals herself as Raynare, a fallen angel, and she tries to kill him. Using his summoning card, Rias Gremory, a buxom third-year student at Kuoh Academy, revives him. Issei wakes up the next morning, thinking that the events that occurred were all just a dream. Immediately after being attacked by another fallen angel and waking up, he notices Rias naked in his room. Rias reveals to Issei her true identity as a devil and says that as a result of his death at the hands of Yuma, she has reincarnated him as a devil, becoming his new master in the process."

Anyways action and comedy ensues. Now for the most part when it comes to anime I'm not a big fan of harem animes or ones with constant fan service for the most part. Though when it comes to High School DxD I just love the series even though two of the major selling points of the series are things I don't particularly enjoy that much when it comes to anime. The reason I believe I enjoy it so much is because of how well the series mixes the drama , action(both pretty meh when compared to many things out there in the market), harem/fan service, and humor into one awesome anime that I can't wait for season 3 to come out this year.(sure I could probably say more things about it but fuck it I'm lazy)

Here's the english trailer if interested:

Well anyways now that you've skimmed completely ignored read my wall of text now it's anyone else' turn. Have fun.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum