Chatatonic Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatatonic Forums

A collective gathering of various internet veterans. Probably centered around cats. Who knows

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is game

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1This is game Empty This is game Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:34 pm

Codysseus

Codysseus

The rules are simple: this is a text based adventure game. It's multiplayer. I am DM(or God, whichever you prefer)

You begin in the dungeon of a castle. It is a cold and rainy night as you can see through the small window near the stone ceiling. You are in a cell that only has a bed/bench, a locked door, a shit bucket, and the small window barely illuminating the room. straw is strewn all about the floor, because this is the middle ages, dingus. Every once in a while lightning strikes, briefly coating the room in bright light but also casting stark shadows, highlighting objects in the room.

Now about you, you were thrown in the dungeon because you looked at the king wrong, you peasant. Or were you a member of the royal house? You can't remember anymore. All you know is that you want to get out. You do remember a prophecy of the king killer rising from the bowels of the castle and think maybe that could be you. Or not. You pretty much want to get out of here. All you're wearing is a crummy tunic, a rope belt, and some burlap shoes. You have no possessions on you other than this.

What do you do?

2This is game Empty Re: This is game Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm

BeachSideCheese

BeachSideCheese

I'd search the straw on the floor for anything of use.

3This is game Empty Re: This is game Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:18 pm

Codysseus

Codysseus

Blindly rummaging through the straw, you find a small object in a thick pile of straw. It's a key! Probably from someone planning to escape but never got the chance, you don't want to think about what happened to that poor soul.

You have a key!

Something echoes in your mind from a time long ago, "You should be more specific when you want to do something in the future, it gives the DM a better idea of what you're doing."

With that in mind, what do you do now?

4This is game Empty Re: This is game Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:18 pm

wacko

Examine the door next. Is there a keyhole? Is there any kind of slit through which I can peep to see what's beyond? In particular, are there any guards stationed within view?

5This is game Empty Re: This is game Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:10 pm

Chrispy

>Eat Key

6This is game Empty Re: This is game Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:48 pm

Codysseus

Codysseus

Wacko:
You feel around in the dark and find what feels to be a small opening in the door, just big enough for your key! You try to look through it, but it's pitch black.

Chris:
You thought that would be funny, but then you decided not to because you value your life more than a stupid joke.

7This is game Empty Re: This is game Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:37 pm

wacko

Pitch black most likely means there's no guards nearby. Although there could be grues! You never know!

I decide to take a chance and try the key in the presumed keyhole, even if just to see if it'll actually unlock the door.

8This is game Empty Re: This is game Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:42 pm

Codysseus

Codysseus

The key fits in the socket. You turn the key and hear a dull clunk inside the door. Lightning flashes and briefly lights up the room. Yup! That was the keyhole! But why did it have a hole on your side?

The door feels light and easy to move now.

9This is game Empty Re: This is game Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:09 am

wacko

Well, no one's around on a dark, stormy night. Probably as good a time as any to get out of this shithole. And now to navigate in the pitch blackness...

I close the door behind me, lock it, and pocket the key. Then I creep along the corridor slowly and as silently as possible, keeping one hand on the wall and another hand in front to feel for any obstructions.

10This is game Empty Re: This is game Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:59 am

Codysseus

Codysseus

You don't walk long before you feel a break in the stone. You feel cold metal and wood. A door perhaps?

11This is game Empty Re: This is game Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:08 pm

wacko

I feel for a knob or handle, and try to open the door just a crack, being as quiet as possible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum